WEA-RETIRED / PRE-RETIRED MEMBERSHIP
As a member of the WEA, you are given the choice of becoming a member of the WEA-Retired membership. You can join upon retiring or you may elect to have payroll deduction for pre-retirement which will protect you from future dues increases. If you are interested in this, please contact Kit Raney at email@example.com (current as of June, 2016).
The purpose is to support public education and the enhancement of the quality of life for WEA’s active and retired members. Our goals are:
- To be the voice for public education, retirees, in the State of Washington
- To work in partnership with WEA members to achieve public confidence in public education.
- To make the retirement years the best they can be for WEA and WEA-Retired members.
- To secure legislation which fully supports public education and active and retired public education employees.
Exclusive Member Benefits:
- NEA Master Card / Visa with no annual fee.
- NEA Term Life eligibility.
- NEA subscription services
- NEA / WEA Entertainment and Travel discounts
- NEA Accidental Death Insurance
- WEA Endorsed Auto and Homeowner’s Insurance
- Attorney Referral Program
Seminars designed to help members prepare for retirement, including financial planning, estate planning, social security, Medicare Insurance, and retirement planning for Plans 1, 2, and 3.